• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Android Sharing Link has wrong units

DanielZee

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I have my Android app set to metric, cloud recipes are displayed in metric units in the app.
I changed the Sharing State to Unlisted, copied out the link and opened it in Chrome on my phone.
The recipe now displays US units, which are completely meaningless to continental Europeans.
If I open the link on my desktop while logged in to Beersmith, it does display metric units.

I'd like to share the recipe with non-beersmith users. How do I get a link to a metric version that does work for these users?

The problem is that BeerSmith treats display units as an end user setting and not part of the recipe. So if you are browsing our sites while not logged in it will show English by default. However anyone who sets up even a free account can adjust their display settings to metric and view recipes in metric or other units.

So the unit settings are not part of the recipe but instead a setting for displaying the recipe - tied to the person viewing.

Back