• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Android?

Scruffy

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I have an HTC Magic phone. Is there anything planned for Android?

I can export as HTML etc, and this works fine - but a slick UI etc, what do i need to do to help make this work?

Cheers,

Scruffy.

Scruffy,
  Not at the moment, though I am working towards a Linux port of BeerSmith.  However it would still require a substantial amount of work to resize everything for the small handheld screen.

Brad

Untill Brad comes up with an Android feature, try out the new Brewzor (http://brewzor.com/)

I just discovered Brewzor and it seems that there is a beta that will allow import of .XML pretty handy
:)

Brewzor is a very handy app, and is being worked on and updated weekly..  Even if we never saw a BeerSmith android app, I think that between these two developers we could get a very smooth transition with the export/import features to use our phones on brew day for changes and etc... 

The application has the ability to bring in "database" items such as hops/grains/yeast etc, and if it was linked correctly with beersmiths defaults this could help the average beersmith user to see simular results across the two platforms.

Back