• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Are Add-ons Saved?

mr_beer

Grandmaster Brewer
Master Brewer
Reaction score
Recently lost my workstation to hardware issues. Most information was backed up with the exception of the BS database.

During the rebuild operation I salvaged most of my data and have now pointed the BS database to a NAS with RAID capability and offline backup.

As I am reconstituting some of my old recieps I have observed that I had a number of add-ons -- fermentables, yeast, hops, water profiles, etc.

Are those add-ons 'saved' in the BS database in case another install is required or should I keep installation notes in case of another similar issue?

All of your recipes, ingredients and profiles should be saved, including addons. Addons become part of your database when they are downloaded. With BS3 there's a "full backup to zip file" option in the file menu. It only takes a few seconds to do and you can save it to any location, local and/or remote location, so it's wise to do it often.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back