• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

batch size

palle

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi all

not sure if this have been asked already but i have looked and cant find anything about it.
in Beersmith 3 it say batch size is that meant to be before the boiled or how much you get in your bottles have just try the free trail version and really close to get it but just have some few question
and how do i count the sparge water when i do BIAB.
Sorry for noob question butt  the rest of my question i got my answer at :)

br
Palle 

Hi Palle and welcome!

Batch size is defined by the program as the amount of wort expected to be transferred to the fermenter.  This is post-boil and cold wort volume.

If you are using a bag and still managing your mash as a traditional mash liquor and sparge system, then you should treat it as a traditional mash liquor and sparge and use that profile.  BeerSmith defines BIAB to mean a full volume mash, as this method was originally developed. If you are using a standard amount of water to sparge, like always sparging with 4 liters of water, then you can still use the BIAB mash profile and set up your equipment profile to 'top off kettle' with the 4 liters you intend to use as a sparge.

I hope this is clear, if not let me know what part is not.

Hi oginme

thx so much that was spot on my question :)

and now its time to start negotiation with the big chief in command :)

br
Palle

Back