• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beersmith 2.0

G

GISBREWMASTER

Hi,

I am thinking about purchasing Beersmith and was wondering if 2.0 was coming out anytime soon.  I would prefer not to buy it and then 2 months later have to by the next major release.

Thanks,
GISBREWMASTER
Matt C.

Hi,
  Still working hard on the new version - looking at late this year or early next year at the earliest.  Lots of work still remaining...

Brad

That's good news........work as late as you need to.    ;)

Brad,
Any word if this new update will include the fix for HMEs?

Chad McGrew

Chad,
  My apologies - what is the HME fix??  I just don't recall...

Thanks,
Brad

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Apparently this forum doesn't send me email updates on replies!!! Supposedly Beersmith was working on the problem of Hopped (Liquid) Malt Extracts not computing correctly because the hops in the extract had already been boiled and were basically 'boiling' those hops again in the computations.

Hi,
  Yes, in fact I'm doing the development for it now under Windows 7.  However if you download the current version it also will install and work under Windows 7.

Brad

Any estimated release date?

I am also looking to buy Beersmith, just curious if a 2.0 is imminent.

Will there be a reduced upgrade price?

Thanks...

May I assume that version 2.0 will be your multi-platform version? I.e. a MAC version is near?

Yes,
  BeerSmith 2.0 will be multi-platform.  I have been working hard on it over the holidays but still no release date.  Unfortunately it always seems there is more to do on it, but I'm hoping this will be the year it all gets done.  Ideally I would like to have it out in time for this year's brewing season (perhaps summer).  I am getting close to having an "alpha" version for testing however.

Cheers,
Brad

Is that a negative on the reduced price for 1.4 purchasers?  I would like to move from PM to BS, but I'd wait for the new version if I'd have to buy 1.4 and 2.0 at full price each.  Maybe a pre-purchase of 2.0 with a complimentary 1.4 offer :)?

Thanks...

abraxas said:
Is that a negative on the reduced price for 1.4 purchasers?  I would like to move from PM to BS, but I'd wait for the new version if I'd have to buy 1.4 and 2.0 at full price each.  Maybe a pre-purchase of 2.0 with a complimentary 1.4 offer :)?

Thanks...

I'm in the same boat, like to switch to a program with actual software updates, but I'd hate to pay for something twice within a year's time frame, but I also hate waiting and want beersmith now. Obviously, someone who bought BS a month before me will grumble if I were to get that good of a deal and they had to pay full price for the upgrade, so perhaps a pre-purchase price that is slightly higher than ver1.4 price, or a reduced upgrade price for purchasers who bought within last 6 months could be feasible?

I'm thinking of having an upgrade discount price for existing users.  To do it I will need to build some kind of verification method to validate your old registration key.

Brad

Sounds like a good plan, or even have them show proof of purchase from a qualified vendor?  I just purchased this month and would be really bummed if I had to pay full price for a new version. 

Thanks for all you do in the brewing community!

Not yet, but hopefully soon...still working through the recipe designs.

Cheers,
Brad

Well, I'd be more than happy to give you another 20 something bucks... I love beersmith and I know 2.0 will be even better.

BeerSmith said:
Not yet, but hopefully soon...still working through the recipe designs.

Cheers,
Brad

Will there be a call for Alpha/Beta testers?
I would love to test the new version.

Jeff

Back