• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beersmith 2.0

Any news regarding 2.0?

especially - are you designing a new website aswell, or is it only the order page?

looking forward to preordering
:)

The preorder is open now:

http://www.beersmith.com/blog/2011/05/19/beersmith-2-release-date-pricing-and-preorder/

Cheers,
Brad

Can I make a preorder for the (forthcoming) Linux (native) version ?

Adam

adam01 said:
Can I make a preorder for the (forthcoming) Linux (native) version ?

Adam

Is a native Linux version planned for release?

Hi,
  I'm not making any promises regarding a native Linux version until I have the time to actually compile and run it.  However, it is (theoretically) possible to recompile BeerSmith 2.0 to run on Linux.  I won't start this project until after the release, if there is sufficient demand.

Brad

BeerSmith said:
Hi,
  I'm not making any promises regarding a native Linux version until I have the time to actually compile and run it.  However, it is (theoretically) possible to recompile BeerSmith 2.0 to run on Linux.  I won't start this project until after the release, if there is sufficient demand.

Brad

+1 for Linux native version.

Hi,

I am eligible for the free upgrade as I purchased it in March - sent my email using the online form ten days ago and haven't heard back - does that sound right or should I submit the form again.

Just don't want to forget and miss out....

Hi,
  I have not sent out the upgrades yet but will be doing so in the next few days.  I have been trying to clean up a few lingering bugs and get the web revisions for 2.0 done (a big project). 

You'll be getting a key shortly if you submitted a form.

Brad

I'd be interested in the Linux version I run it now on Linux using Wine

Kinda wanting to know this myself,,,,
Would be great to take iPad to the garage on brew day to enter data
Cool it would make taking notes and Ect helpful
is it a hard thing to do Brad ?
Just wounding
Thanks

Hi,
  The Linux version would be relatively easy - a matter of recompiling and testing under something like Ubuntu.  I'm sure some debugging would be involved - probably a few weeks worth of work.

The iPad version is a larger project as the iPhone IOS is not the same as their Mac OSX.  I intend to look at it soon after I get the next set of updates for BeerSmith 2 out.  Not sure yet how much would need to be completely rewritten for the iPad/iPhone. 

Brad

Back