• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BeerSmith Build 32 Posted

BeerSmith

Staff member
Administrator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
All,
  I posted build 032 of BeerSmith 1.4.  This build primarily corrects a bug that prevented the saving of custom report formats and some additional column data.

You can download it here:  http://www.beersmith.com/download.htm

Cheers!
Brad

I strongly recommend backing up all of your data that you have updated/added.  I just installed the update and even though I have never lost the data before, I just last everything that I was working on over the last two months.  fortunately I have some of the recipes printed out so I can input them again, but I will have to re-update all of the price modifications that I have input for my local data. :(

Hi,
  Not sure how that would happen as long as you are using the setup program unless you install to a new directory?  The new update does not actually write over any existing data when using setup.exe.  Also make sure you are using the same directory since installing to a new directory would also cause a problem.  Of course the old files will still be in the old directory.

I would suggest you take a look at the backup files (C:\Program Files\BeerSmith\Recipes_1.bak for instance) - these files are in BeerSmith format and contain older versions of all of your recipes.  The backup is made automatically - you can use the File Recover command or simply rename these files to *.bsm extension to open them up. 

Brad

Thanks, the recovery option worked as advertised.  Good to know that this option exists.

The same thing happened to me when I accepted the latest Build 33 update. All my recipes are gone.
I simply selected yes to the update option rather than downloading and running anything.

I had filed them all in folders under the My Recipes view. So far the recovery option has not produced any results for me. Perhaps because of this?

I do have most of them exported in a text file but don't really want to have to enter them all again!!!

Hi,
  Check the BeerSmith directory - you should have "bak" files for all of your main files including Recipes1.bak, Recipes2.bak and so on.  These files can be renamed to .bsm and opened normally.

Also - please drop me an email as I would like to better understand what happened.  The online update process does not directly change any of the recipe files, so I'm having a hard time understanding how you could lose them.

Thanks,
Brad

Back