• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BeerSmith Inventory Items

D

daubon

Hello all,  I'm not sure where to post this question but I would greatly appreciate it if someone can help.  Using BeerSmith;  how do I get the items in a recipe to reduce the amount of that item in inventory?  

Thanks for your help

Pepe
Puerto Rico

daubon said:
Hello all,  I'm not sure where to post this question but I would greatly appreciate it if someone can help.  Using BeerSmith;  how do I get the items in a recipe to reduce the amount of that item in inventory?  

Thanks for your help

Pepe
Puerto Rico

Personally, what I do is simply go in and make the adjustments post brew for each individual inventory item. 

There is though a, "Remove from Inventory" button in the recipe view window.  I think if you highlight your recipe ingredients and use this button it should work.  Test it out and play with it a bit.

Maybe somebody will chime in here?  Am I correct?  Does it really work?

And you don't have to highlight the recipe items; it pulls them out by itself. 

If you have an insufficient amount in inventory, it will reduce inventory down to zero.  It shows you what it could not deduct in a pop-up box.  Watch for mis-entered recipe items such as you put generic 2-row in the recipe, but your inventory had "2-row, Briess."

MaltLicker said:
And you don't have to highlight the recipe items; it pulls them out by itself. 

Ouch, I ran a test prior to answering this post.  Now my inventory is screwed up and I can't remember which recipe I used to reduce my inventory.  :)

Hey Pepe,

I'm planning to move back to PR from the states. I would like to continue homebrewing, where do you get your ingredients? It seems that online stores either don't ship to Puertorro or shipping is too expensive.

Thanks,
Oscar

Back