• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BeerSmith Lite 2.3.4 obsolete?

Joel B.

Apprentice
Reaction score
I havn't used my BS Lite ver 2.3.4 on my phone in a while. It's a Moto G android I tried to log into the cloud with it and I get a log in error. I can log in from my computer so I know that my password and such is valid. Using the same on BS lite yields "Error: Invalid user name or password". Am I S.O.L. or is something buggy?
Cheers, 🍻
Joel B.

Yes,
BeerSmith Lite is basically obsolete at this point as far as cloud access. As part of the security upgrades we had to do recently we turned off insecure web access to the BeerSmithRecipes.com site.

I recommend you consider switching over to BeerSmith Web which can be run from any device - you can try it for free by starting a trial at BeerSmithRecipes.com and it works with your phone or tablet.

Brad

Thanks for the reply. I only used it for the timer function on brew day so I could keep track as I puttered around doing other prep. Shame I have to buy something again just for that but I understand.
So do I have to buy another license for the mobile or will the one I have for my computer also work for the mobile version? I have 3.2.7. Gold I believe,,,
Thanks & Cheers, 🍻
Joel B.

Before you do that I would recommend you try the web based version from your phone or tablet. It is free with your BeerSmith 3.2 if you have a Gold+ license and it does have a timer feature as well as all the recipe editing features. Just log into BeerSmithRecipes.com from your device.

Brad

Aww geez,,, Only me I guess. So I go to Google Play Store on my phone and look up BeerSmith 3. It tells me that "Looking for BeerSmith 3 Moble... This app isn't available for you device because it was made for an older version..."
So what's up with that?

Hey Thanks again! Your suggestion worked. I hope things work for me. It just seems like if things can go wrong, it will to me (LOL) We'll see, wish me luck.
Thanks again & Cheers! 🍻
Joel B.

Back