• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beersmith Lite adjustments

RichBenn

Apprentice
Reaction score
I usually print out a brewsteps in Beersmith. The one thing I always need to adjust while brewing, however, is the strike temp, based upon the current mash tun and grain temp at the time of brewing.

Does Beersmith Lite allow this? I'm not doing a step mash here, just adjusting the grain and mash tun temp.

Your thinking about trying lite version? You can download any app in the android store and get a full refund within 24 hours. Good way to demo apps. The feature list says it has a "mash adjust" calculator, not sure what it does as I don't have the app.

Thanks, but I'm wanting to do the iPad version.
Mash adjust on PC beersmith calculates how much water to add at a specific temperature to get to a new temperature. I want to know what temperature for a specific amount of strike water. I could  sort of do it with the mash adjust, but it would be time consuming (trial and error). Kinda worthless, IMHO, plus I already have a different iphone/ipad program that does that.

Seems like the full version is needed. Maybe I should have just waited and purchased the iPad version instead. I would have thought the lite would show brewing steps, have a good timer, be able to read files (beersmith and/or XML) without the cloud, and be functional enough to do on the fly adjustments. If one has the PC version, then that's all one needs for the portable version.

PC = design recipes; iPad/Android = brew companion.

Back