• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beersmith not responding

durham70

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi
I've run into a problem where everytime i try to add an ingredient and change the 'use in' (e.g. from mash to sparge) beersmith locks up (the 'add' windows show not responding - see attached example). Only way to exit is to manually kill beersmith and restart it.

i've tried running as adminstrator, booting windows 11 in safe mode, removing and reinstalling and nothing seems to fix it

This is the only time it happens, i can otherwise use beersmith ok.

Any ideas ?

thanks
David

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-08-14 135650.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-08-14 135650.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 5
That is very odd - I tried it here and it worked OK. Could you either email or PM me a sample recipe (BSMX format - right click on the recipe from My Recipes view and use Export Selected to export it to a BSMX file)?

I'll take a look and see if I can determine why it is crashing.

it is really odd - it is doing it even if i create a new blank recipe

If i create a new recipe and add say lactic acid and leave the 'use in' as mash it adds fine

if i create a new recipe and add lactic acid and go to change the use in to anything else it locks up

it used to work so i assume someone (microsoft ?, adobe ?) has pushed an update to some file that beersmith perhaps uses ? (but then i don't have an issue with anything else i am running)

cheers
David

I don’t know, but send me the file via PM or email to BeerSmith at BeerSmith.com and I’ll try to duplicate it!

I did not receive it - did you send via email?

Hi - yep, sent via email to BeerSmith at BeerSmith.com

i have just sent it again. Also attached here

cheers
David

Attachments

• HB - Mexican Lager.bsmx
    26.4 KB · Views: 0
So it is not occurring on my machine. Could you check Help->About and see what version you are running? The current version is 3.2.7 and available on the main download page if you are not up to date.

Still a bit stumped - are you on Windows, Mac or Linux?

Sorry. I cannot reproduce on Windows 10.

Sent you a PM on how to reset some data files - let me know if that resolves it.

Good news - whatever windows (or other application) upgrade caused this issue must have been updated again because Beersmith now running fine again :)
thanks

That is good news - I've had one or two people solve things with a reboot after a windows update.

Back