• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BeerSmith settings questions for my Blichmann BrewEasy 10

ChrisinEstes

Apprentice
Reaction score
For those of you with a Blichmann BrewEasy, or a system that works similar in that the total batch volume of water continually recirculates. All of the water goes into the batch at once, so there's no strike water, no sparge water, no mash out water, no water at all at different temps.

I just got my BrewEasy, and am working towards becoming skilled with it. I have several questions after brewing on it 3 times. All three brews worked out, but the brew sessions were less than graceful. Batch 4 will happen this Saturday, so I thought I'd come in and see if I can get help integrating BeerSmith with my system.

I have my equipment set as BrewEasy 10 in BeerSmith, it still separates out the mash water and sparge water. How do you have Beermith configured to work with a BrewEasy type system?

How do you handle the mash in? If you heat all of the water to mash temp, then your mash gets is too hot when you begin to circulate.

I don't even know everything I don't know yet...  :D

Thanks!
Chris

The BrewEasy profile covers the equipment and process end of the system; defining the losses and efficiency you will typically get once the system is properly defined.

The split between strike water and sparge is defined in your mash profile.  You want to create a mash profile which has been checked off as a 'full volume BIAB mash' which you can find on the mash profile down towards the bottom.  This informs the software to just add in all the water for the recipe as the mash strike water and back calculates your liquor-to-grist ratio based upon that.

I set up my mash profiles using this tutorial. It takes a bit of time up front but makes it a breeze later when designing a recipe...

https://youtu.be/VKiEjhxo2oo

Kevin58 said:
I set up my mash profiles using this tutorial. It takes a bit of time up front but makes it a breeze later when designing a recipe...

https://youtu.be/VKiEjhxo2oo

That's exactly what I needed. I'm sure it'll take a few brews to get it fully tuned in, but that video answered my "right now" questions. Thanks!

Chris

Back