• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beersmith2 won't run!

bluesman

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I am alongtime beersmith user and upgraded to the beersmith2. I downloaded it to my home computer and my laptop with no problems but then I got the notes 40 upgrade and I can't get it to wotk on my laptop. It works fine on my desktop but won't work on my laptop. It downloaded but won't run. I get an error message that states:

BeerSmith2.exe has stopped working
A program caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

I have Vista Home Premium on both computers. It's probably something really simple and staring at me in the face but I just can't seem to figure this one out.

Sincerely frustrated.

Thanks in advance for any help with this matter.

Hi,
  I really have no idea why it would be hanging unless one of the files is corrupt.

Here are some options:
  - (1) Try installing to a different directory and see if that helps
  - (2) Failing that, try renaming your Documents/BeerSmith2 directory to something else like "BeerSmith2_old" - this will force BeerSmith to rebuild your data files completely when you run it (i.e. start with a completely blank slate).  However once you get it up and running you can open your Recipes.bsmx and other files from the old renamed directory (BeerSmith2_old) to recover anything you need.

Brad

Thanks Brad...I'll try that and let you know how I make out.

Ron Price

Back