• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Brew Boss Steam Condenser - no water loss?

TwoThings

Apprentice
Reaction score
I brew indoors in my basement and I use a Brew Boss Steam Condenser to help cut down on the moisture in my house being released. I have noticed that my wort volume into the boil kettle is pretty much the same when I finish boiling. The lid is on and held down by a weight. Barely any steam comes out. The Condenser is supposed to remove some steam with the DMS, and I have made some great beers this way. I am just trying to dial in my calculations because my OGs are lower than what I calculate and I think its because I am loosing next to no water at the boil phase. I lift the lid a few time to see the boil and its happening.

5.5 gal went into the Boil kettle. Just about 5.5 gal came out and went into the fermenter.

Anyone else seen this or have any ideas? I am about to set my boil loss at 0 in Beer Smith 3.

Your equipment profile is a major player in BeerSmith calculations. Change it to reflect your actual loss.

Back