• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Brewery equipment

petermackey

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I’m a new member and have been building my brewery for a while now and am nearly sorted
I’m in Australia and have build a 3 vessel electric herms system vessels are 50litre beer kegs and was just wanting some assurance I have set up my equipment profiles right for this system .I am sending photo of my profiles that I have punched in. Thanks in advance Peter

Attachments

• EF6D2C58-4DAE-4007-8ABA-3050155D0815.png
    EF6D2C58-4DAE-4007-8ABA-3050155D0815.png
    615.5 KB · Views: 7
Brewery equipment includes a variety of tools, machinery and equipment used in the brewing process to produce beer. This equipment is essential at different stages of beer production, from brewing, fermentation to packaging. Here are some popular brewery equipment:
Mash Tun: A vessel in which ground grain (malt) is mixed with hot water to convert starch to sugar by mashing.
Lauter Tun: Used to separate liquid wort from solid grains after incubation. It helps collect sweet liquid without particles. Beer kettle: A vessel used to boil wort and add hops to add flavor and bitterness to beer.
Fermenter (fermenter): A vessel in which yeast is added to the wort to ferment sugars and convert them into alcohol and carbon dioxide.
Bright tank: Used for secondary conditioning and carbonization of beer before packaging for distribution.

Hi Peter, It's great to hear that you've been building your brewery. I\m going to do it too

Brewery equipment includes a variety of tools, machinery and equipment used in the brewing process to produce beer. This equipment is essential at different stages of beer production, from brewing, fermentation to packaging. Here are some popular brewery equipment:
Mash Tun: A vessel in which ground grain (malt) is mixed with hot water to convert starch to sugar by mashing.
Lauter Tun: Used to separate liquid wort from solid grains after incubation. It helps collect sweet liquid without particles. Beer kettle: A vessel used to boil wort and add hops to add flavor and bitterness to beer.
Fermenter (fermenter): A vessel in which yeast is added to the wort to ferment sugars and convert them into alcohol and carbon dioxide.
Bright tank here: Used for secondary conditioning and carbonization of beer before packaging for distribution.
I'm also interested to see if there have been any innovations in brewing equipment recently. I believe there is always room for improvement in the brewing process and I really enjoy seeing how technology can be used

Hey Peter, I was hoping someone with more knowledge of profiles would look at your image and offer some meaningful input... and not these useless AI bot replies you've been getting. I am unable to say from your screenshot whether you have things set up correctly or not without knowing your equipment's actual measurements. I have used the tutorial in the link below to set up a couple of equipment profiles and they have all come out with satisfying accuracy. Ignore that the title says Beersmith 2... the methods work despite the software version. And the best way to dial that profile in is to use it and take accurate notes. Then you can make any needed adjustments. Best of luck.

Yeah, I found it takes a while to dial in. I spent some time measuring how much boil off I get in an hour, how much is left in the kettle after I drain it and same for fermenter. Keep checking volumes as you brew and keep dialing it in. Fun stuff.

Back