• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BrewHa Recipe Conversion Issue

ZephyrHiveBrewing

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of converting all of our recipes over to the teh Brewha 1.5 BBL system. I've downloaded the profiles and installed them in Beersmith per instructions online.

However, when I convert my recipes, I lose an ingredient. For example, our cream ale uses both pilsner and pale malts. When I convert, it drops the pale malt.

Does anyone know how this can be avoided?

How are you 'converting' the recipes?

You should be taking the recipes and scaling them using the 'scale recipe' function.  Having tested and used this function, it only adjusts the amounts and does not add or subtract any ingredients.

Oginme...I am using the convert function. The scale function has worked for me in the past but I am converting from 1 system to another. We'll see!

'Converting ' from one system to another is precisely what the 'scale recipe' takes into account.  When you change system, you want the program to scale according to the process parameters for that system: efficiency, process losses, boil off, etc.  The function is not just for changing batch sizes, but also to account for the system differences.

Back