• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Cannot Add Item to Inventory from Shopping List

timothy4

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi. I have a basic but adequate understanding of inventory management and the steps involved as a user to enable me to add ingredients to a recipe then add them to my Shopping List and finally to my Inventory once purchased.  However, when I click the Add to Inventory button from my Shopping List Beersmith does not subsequently add anything to the Inventory!  I am using Beersmith 3 desktop.  Please could anybody advise why this important functionality is not working?

Not sure why it is not working on your end.  I just tried it three times and each time it properly added items from my shopping list into my inventory.  Running BS 3.1.08 on Win10 system if that makes a difference.

Is there a possible solution please?  I am running Beersmith 3.1.08 in a Windows 7 virtual machine (guest) on a Linux Mint 19.1 host.  Beersmith 3 works perfectly well in the VM so I do not think that is the issue. I may need to contact Brad about this to try to find a solution. 

Hello, I have the same problem. It add some items but not all of the shopping cart. Even if I select line by line and click on add to inventory.

I just figured this out when some items on my shopping list got added and some items didn't. You need to have a non-zero price in the shopping list in order for it to be added to the inventory. No freebies!

--GF

Back