• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Cannot start Beersmith wxWidgets Debug Alert

danmidgley

Apprentice
Reaction score
Have included a screenshot here, on Windows 7 with latest updates and patches. Anyone experienced anything similar?

http://imgur.com/a/k2Rcy

EDIT: Resolved with a restart!

Just installed the trial version and got the exact same error. Uninstalled/reinstalled, restarted but still getting the error. Any suggestions?

A few possibilities:
  - Some antivirus programs like Bitdefender have been blocking BeerSmith from reading/writing the hard drive which can cause this kind of crash.  White list BeerSmith if you are using an antivirus program.
  - One user also recently had problems with OneDrive which was changing permissions on Documents/BeerSmith2 and causing it to not be able to read/write to the drive.

I have the same message.  If I cancel, program won't start (neither no).  My antivirus is not blocking beersmith I put it on the white list.  Desinstall & reinstall without success, restart didn't solve it.
very frustating.... (on window 10)

Any suggestion.
PS work on my other computer (with window 10)

I have the same problem and I'm running Windows 10. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and made sure BeerSmith is white listed and given it all the firewall permisions it needs. I still can't get the links in the program to activate. Any thoughts?

Back