• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Can't find saved files in BeerSmith 2 for Windows

DanMalleck

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I'm about to have my computer renovated which will include a full wipe and so need to save my BeerSmith2 files.

I'm looking in all the folders recommended (Programs 86x and others) and cannot find recent files. I see several versions of RecipesX.bsmx and so on, but none of them are recent. In fact most of them are "modified on" some date in 2016 even though they were "created on" a date in 2020 (the date when I got my new laptop I think).

So where can I look to find these files? Everything I've looked at seem to be old files (old recipes, inventory, etc) and that is a big pain. (Also i have tried to connect to the cloud but it doesn't seem to be working)

I also can't find in Beer Smith any place where it shows file locations.

The computer redo is due today so this is pressing.

I replied back to the email you sent but:
  • For BeerSmith 2 the default file location for all data was your main Documents/BeerSmith2 directory. Saving that directory off should save the data unless you moved it somewhere else (via File->Change Documents Dir).
  • You can also go to your Recipes view and save data via File->Export All which will save all your recipes to a BSMX file
  • You can do the same for Profile/Ingredient views by going to those views to export any custom data you have
  • Here's a link for handling BSMX files: https://beersmith.com/blog/2019/01/27/sharing-beer-brewing-data-using-bsmx-files-in-beersmith/

Upvote 0
Back