• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

carbonation sugar still based on estimates

äyni

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi

The amount of sugar / DME /whatever used in bottling is still calculated based on estimate bottling volume, when it should be based on measured volumes.
I looked up old messages about this issue, and it seems that it was first reported over two years ago. The current status it absurd, everything should be based on real measurements, not estimates. There are numerous reasons for this, and actually no point whatsoever to use estimates.

Yes,
  I have it on my list to add an option to base it on "actual volume" instead of estimated volume for the next set of updates.  I'm working on these now.

Brad

Brad:

It looks to me like the "Carbonation Tool" used by itself is correctly using the volume one enters even though the carbonation calculation in a given recipe uses the estimated volume rather than the measured volume.  Can you please confirm this for us?

Thanks.

Apparently no change yet?

Sorry, but how hard can it be?

Back