Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure. Jump in and join the conversation!
You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.
I actually did not find out about this problem until last week (its on the mobile side) and I've started working towards a solution. I will post a fix as soon as I can get to root cause - the problem appears to be in the transfer of data between the server and mobile versions.
I just fixed it (took all day!). I was able to make a change on the server side to correct the bad character translations. It also seems to work well with the old Lite version as well as the new BeerSmith mobile coming next week.