• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Could not download recipe from the server

RubthisBBQ

New Forum Member
Reaction score
anyone else have this issue on the APP and on the web. I created a new recipe 3 times and each time it lets me save it etc enter brew session data. But once I X out and try to reload the recipe (even with it being Saved)
I get this error

Screenshot 2022-11-18 at 12.49.10 PM.png

Did you create the recipe on the desktop side or web side? Usually this indicates either a problem with encoding or a problem in uploading the complete recipe to the server.

I did it one on the iPhone app then, I logged in on the web and same issue. Did not use the desktop app

What is the name of the recipe in your cloud account so I can look through the logs to try to sort this - it is unusual to have this issue from the mobile.

@BeerSmith , bump, any update on this?
I went to go copy the receipe as I want to brew it again and I can not access it on my phone or the web now.
Do you have a way to at least get me a PDF of the recipe so I can recreate it?

I tried looking this up for your account but I don't even see the recipe "pale ale 1.3" listed anymore?

anyone else have this issue on the APP and on the web. I created a new recipe 3 times and each time it lets me save it etc enter brew session data. But once I X out and try to reload the recipe (even with it being Saved)
I get this error

View attachment 9886
Additionally, it can be helpful to search online forums or communities specific to the app or website all about overlay nails you are using to see if other users have experienced similar issues and found solutions.
If you are experiencing an issue with a specific app or website where you are unable to download a recipe or encounter an error message, it's recommended to try the following steps:
  1. Clear Cache and Cookies: Clearing the cache and cookies on your app or web browser can help resolve temporary issues. Go to the settings or preferences section of your app or browser and find the option to clear cache and cookies. Restart the app or browser and try again.
  2. Update the App or Browser: Ensure that you are using the latest version of the app or web browser. Developers often release updates to fix bugs and improve functionality. Check for any available updates and install them if necessary.
  3. Check Internet Connection: Make sure you have a stable internet connection. Switch to a different Wi-Fi network or try using mobile data to see if the issue persists. If you're using a web browser, try accessing the website from a different browser or device.
  4. Contact Customer Support: If the issue persists, reach out to the support team or customer service of the app or website you are using. They may be able to provide specific troubleshooting steps or insights into the problem you are facing.
Additionally, it can be helpful to search online forums or communities specific to the app or website you are using to see if other users have experienced similar issues and found solutions.

If you are experiencing an issue with a specific app or website where you are unable to download a recipe or encounter an error message, it's recommended to try the following steps:
  1. Clear Cache and Cookies: Clearing the cache and cookies on your app or web browser can help resolve temporary issues. Go to the settings or preferences section of your app or browser and find the option to clear cache and cookies. Restart the app or browser and try again.
  2. Update the App or Browser: Ensure that you are using the latest version of the app or web browser. Developers often release updates to fix bugs and improve functionality. Check for any available updates and install them if necessary.
  3. Check Internet Connection: Make sure you have a stable internet connection. Switch to a different Wi-Fi network or try using mobile data to see if the issue persists. If you're using a web browser, try accessing the website from a different browser or device.
  4. Contact Customer Support: If the issue persists, reach out to the support team or customer service of the app or website you are using. They may be able to provide specific troubleshooting steps or insights into the problem you are facing.
Additionally, it can be helpful to search online forums or communities specific to the app or website you are using to see if other users have experienced similar issues and found solutions.
Yes I have the same issue with my andriod. I cleared the cache with no results. These are all cloud recicpes and not sure if this is a issue. Two weeks ago I could print any recipe or brew steps. Now with that said I had this same issue occur some months back. I logged out and reset my password.and all was fine. Tnis time it did not fix the issue.

What is the name of the recipe in your cloud account so I can look through the logs to try to sort this - it is unusual to have this issue from the mobile.
I have the same issue with my android. I cleared my cache with no help with issue. This happened a few months ago and I logged out and reset my password and all was fine until a few days ago and have same message of unable to download recipe. This issue is affecting all my recipes. The last one I created is the NEIPA recipe.

If you log into BeerSmithRecipes.com can you view that same recipe from the web based version? I'm trying to figure out if the recipe is corrupt or if it is possibly an issue with the Android not downloading it properly.

If you log into BeerSmithRecipes.com can you view that same recipe from the web based version? I'm trying to figure out if the recipe is corrupt or if it is possibly an issue with the Android not downloading it properly.
No , only three recipes a shown.

It is odd that I was able to print both recipes and brew steps and the past few days the "unable to download" message appears on all cloud file recipes. Now thinking about the last issue prior to now I believe it was when the update took place.

Which update as I've not updated BeerSmith in the last few days?

Sorry for the late reply we babysit our grandkids in the afternoon and they occupy our time. I believe it was the switch to the upgraded version of gold. I could be wrong but I know that when I basically rebooted all was good until this last issue. I was thinking it was me but when I seen the same issue on the forum I was thinking it could be on your end. Could this be some type of virus we have? Thanks for all your help.
Randy

Good Morning Brad,
Well I finally found the issue with printing recipes and brew steps. For whatever reason, even though I sign into Beersmith cloud to open the website, I have to sign in again to Beersmith Gold. I was notified via a message box that came up while trying different avenues to print. Why I need to sign in twice now when I did not have to prior to the issue seems odd but at least I can print recipes. 😃🍻

Well I am back to not being able to download from the server again. So I dumped the Beersmith 3 app reinstalled and changed the password by still no luck. I have noticed that when a window pops up to sign into Beersmith Gold all is good until the next time I want to print a recipe. I am thinking it is something on my end that is not recognizing the gold level! Hope you have some help for me.
Thanks Brad

I apologize - I've lost the thread a bit here - are you using the web based app now instead of the mobile app and then it drops the cloud connection after you print something?

I apologize - I've lost the thread a bit here - are you using the web based app now instead of the mobile app and then it drops the cloud connection after you print something?
I am using my moile app.
I have spent some hours digging into this issue and found my problem but not sure why.

I choose beersmith off google.
Click on beersmith log on Beer Recipes Cloud
Sign In
Choose My Recipes
Choose any recipe and click on Action and choose either Print or Brew Steps
Loads the recipe from server
Choose print and "Could not download from server" message appears.

So after looking into issue I found if there is a Menu option on the top left portion of the chosen recipe of My Recipes, and you click on it, a window will appear stating to sign into Beersmith Gold. After signing in all is good and the name of the recipe is displayed in the place of Menu. After time, not sure how long or what actions were taken to chnge back, the Menu feature appears .
The important result is that I can print.

We do not have wifi and this may be a issue. Since I purchase a Plaato unit and need wifi to operate it I am looking into wifi installation.

Thanks for your patience with me and my issue.

It sounds like it may be logging you out or dropping the internet connection. When you log in make sure that the "Stay logged in" button is checked.

Back