• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Couscous and tomato salad

xuledywo

Brewer
Reaction score
I bought some at Fortinos last night for dinner and it was good. So now I want to make some at home. It had tomotoes, chick peas and some other kind of pea or bean in it and some green onions and recipe of Miss Bohnenkraut. The dressing was kind of spicy... Does anyone have a recipe for a great salad?

Certainly! I can provide you with a recipe for a delicious salad that includes tomatoes, chickpeas, green onions, and a spicy dressing. However, I'm not familiar with a specific recipe from Miss Bohnenkraut. I'll provide a general recipe that you can follow. Here's a recipe for a flavorful salad:

Spicy Tomato and Chickpea Salad:

Ingredients:

• 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
  • 4 green onions, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves (optional)
  • 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (adjust according to your spice preference)
  • Salt and black pepper to taste
Instructions:

1. In a large bowl, combine the cherry tomatoes, chickpeas, green onions, parsley, and mint leaves.
  2. In a separate small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, cumin powder, paprika, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper. Taste the dressing and adjust the seasoning as desired.
  3. Pour the dressing over the tomato and chickpea mixture. Gently toss to coat all the ingredients evenly.
  4. Let the salad sit for about 10-15 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
  5. Serve the salad chilled or at room temperature. It can be enjoyed as a side dish or a light meal on its own.

Back