• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Do the desktop add-ons sync to the BS2 Mobile app?

KindofBlues71

Apprentice
Reaction score
I mainly use the BS2 mobile app on my Android phone and tablet. If I update the desktop version with the add-ons will the mobile app update with the same info?

Thanks,
KindofBlues71

This is a question I've been wanting to ask also. I've tried saving ingredients to my cloud acct but they just appear as a blank recipe. I sent the add-on folders to my device via email but can't find where to put them. It looks as though the mobile version doesn't have the capability to update the ingredients list.

As long as the recipe you are working on is in the cloud, then it will update as soon as you save it.  I use both my computer and my phone on brew day, and am able to see changes in each.  The only down side is that you do have to close and reopen the recipe to see the change made by the other device.

glienhard said:
As long as the recipe you are working on is in the cloud, then it will update as soon as you save it.  I use both my computer and my phone on brew day, and am able to see changes in each.  The only down side is that you do have to close and reopen the recipe to see the change made by the other device.
Do you mean when you design a recipe on the computer & upload it? I do a lot of designing & editing recipes on my phone, so I want to have access to all the new ingredients that I've added to my computer version...

glienhard said:

I specifically asked about syncing add-ons from desktop to mobile, not syncing recipes.

KindofBlues71 said:
glienhard said:

I specifically asked about syncing add-ons from desktop to mobile, not syncing recipes.
I think glienhard is saying (correct me if I'm wrong g) that new ingredients within an existing recipe will be saved to the mobile ingredients list. What we want though, is to have all of the new ingredients at hand on the mobile version in order to add them to new recipes

dubbadan said:
glienhard said:
Do you mean when you design a recipe on the computer & upload it? I do a lot of designing & editing recipes on my phone, so I want to have access to all the new ingredients that I've added to my computer version...

As long as the recipe is in the cloud, everything in the recipe will be available in both places.  This is because when you make modifications to ingredients inside a recipe, those changes are specific to just that recipe.  Even if that particular ingredient does not exist in the lists on the other device.

KindofBlues71 said:
glienhard said:

My apologies, I though you were talking about recipes as well.  What kind of add-ons are you referring to?

dubbadan said:
I think glienhard is saying (correct me if I'm wrong g) that new ingredients within an existing recipe will be saved to the mobile ingredients list. What we want though, is to have all of the new ingredients at hand on the mobile version in order to add them to new recipes

glienhard said:
Yes, any ingredient you add will follow as long as you are working on a recipe that is saved in the cloud.
Man, I just can not get this to work for me. I tried making up a "recipe" in the cloud with a just a few new ingredients, in an attempt to find a way to bypass this bug. It was tedious work adding each ingredient individually, especially knowing I had 196 to add eventually. I saved it, opened it on my phone, copied it to "my recipes" and opened it there, saved it and the ingredients did not show up on my ingredients list. I then restarted the app and still nothing. Any tips?

dubbadan said:
glienhard said:
Yes, any ingredient you add will follow as long as you are working on a recipe that is saved in the cloud.
Man, I just can not get this to work for me. I tried making up a "recipe" in the cloud with a just a few new ingredients, in an attempt to find a way to bypass this bug. It was tedious work adding each ingredient individually, especially knowing I had 196 to add eventually. I saved it, opened it on my phone, copied it to "my recipes" and opened it there, saved it and the ingredients did not show up on my ingredients list. I then restarted the app and still nothing. Any tips?

Yes, this ^^

Back