• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

dry hopping for bell's two hearted IPA recipe

kwazulu

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi all,

planning on brewing the above recipe from the recipes section of the beersmith site. Recipe has single stage fermentation and says dry hop for 14 days. i know normally folks dry hop in secondary for about 5 days prior to kegging/bottling. Am I understanding this recipe correctly --

dry hop immediately after transferring wort from kettle to ferementer before pitching yeast; ferment for total of 14 days and then bottle ??

[edit]
here is the recipe for reference. sorry i didnt add it first time round - http://beersmithrecipes.com/viewrecipe/1645/bells-two-hearted-ipa

thanks

would you please supply the link to the recipe?  Posting the recipe in question enables people to help answer questions  Dry hopping is generally done after fermentation has completed. 

When the primary fermentation is done.  Add the dry hops and let them sit for 14 days.  Do not dry hop for more than 14 days you will get off flavors from the hops.  Adding the hops before primary fermentation is done will cost you the hop aromas.  These will be carried off with the escaping CO2.  Hope this helps!!

May just try this recipe.  Two Hearted is one of my favorites.  I generally use Northern Brewer's recipe DEAD RINGER IPA

Back