• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Dy hops disappearing

NDachi

Apprentice
Reaction score
About 30% of the time I will open a recipe and all the dry hops are just gone. I have the recipes saved to the cloud so I don't know if something on the cloud is erasing them or something else is happening. Please help, I'm a pro brewer and I need these recipes because many of them I brew more than once and it's annoying having to print out every recipe every time I make it or change anything.

Thanks!

Is it a particular hop you are using as I am wondering if possibly there is a bad character or something in the notes that is causing it not to store properly?

We've had issues with odd characters in some ingredient entries that may have been carried over from BS1, 2, or converted from XML files.

Upvote 0
Is it a particular hop you are using as I am wondering if possibly there is a bad character or something in the notes that is causing it not to store properly?

We've had issues with odd characters in some ingredient entries that may have been carried over from BS1, 2, or converted from XML files.
No, its heaps of different ones. The weird thing is that it only deletes the dry hops. I'll use the same hop in the boil and the whirlpool and then when I open it a week later the recipe just stops at the yeast

Upvote 0
I’ll try running some tests - are you editing mainly on the desktop or web side? Also which version of Beersmith are you using?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Also is there any chance you could send me a large recipe with lots of dry hops for testing? Email it to beersmith at beersmith.com in BSMX format by going to File->Export Selected from the desktop side.

Upvote 0
Sorry for the late reply, got pretty busy. I'm using the desktop Version 3.2.7, I just emailed you a recipe where the hops got deleted but I added them again. And thanks, I'm downloading the patch now, that would make sense since most all my recipes are on the cloud

Upvote 0
Got it - I will run some tests this week.

I just realized that I never replied here. Updating the software worked great. I think it was just the lag before saving to the cloud. But now everything has been working perfectly, thanks for your help!

Upvote 0
Thanks - I will likely post this update soon as it should help others.

Upvote 0
Back