• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Episode #266 - BJCP Styles and Judging Beer with Gordon Strong

BJCP Styles and Judging Beer with Gordon Strong - BeerSmith Podcast #266
https://beersmith.com/blog/2022/09/...eer-with-gordon-strong-beersmith-podcast-266/

Cheers,
Brad
Nice timing. Today is the deadline for posting contributions to the Norwegian national homebrewing competition. Hopefully the judges can pick up some useful hints from GS:).

All those beers go through my basement, by the way, so I'm having busy days right now. I sort them by class, put them in cases, and finally send them out to 8 different places where they are to be judged. Then there is a final where only the best beers from all of the classes take part.

It's nice to be able to contribute a little, and as I'm retired, I have the time. I just wish some people were able to see that there is a difference between protecting the beers from being crushed and protecting them from burling:).

Well, that has got little to do with the podcast, which I'm sure will be very interesting. I'm looking forward to listening to it once the beers are on their way:).

I meant to write "burgling". ("Burling" is also not something you want to happen to your beer. Would be intersting to see, though:).)

I gotta hand it to Mr Strong. Ever since I read Brewing Better Beer and applied the concepts in my brewhaus, I have, in fact, brewed better beer. I documented the changes on other forums and had many scoff at the ideas. …but I applied them as written and can attest they work as advertised.

Alongside Dr Bamforth, I listen to what this man has to say.

Thanks to BeerSmith to continue to present him.

Back