• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Equipment Profile Gone

Toy4Rick

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I just logged into my PC and starting playing with some recipes and noticed my equipment profile was gone.  This is not the first time it has been missing.  In the past I had to rebuild it, this time I actually had a copy since I was working on a setup for a friend and started by copying mine, so I just made yet another copy from his back to mine and I'm back in business.

Running version 2.1.02

Anyone else having issues like this?
Rick

Anything, anyone?

Brad, any chance you might have run across a fix that might be addressing this?

Rick

If you're running Mac or Lynux, this direction may not apply.

In your documents/BeerSmith 2 directory should be a series of files called "Equipment.BSMX"

That hold all of your equipment profiles.

If you've been using a profile from a different directory, like "Downloads," then BeerSmith likely won't find it without you pointing to it.

If you've downloaded the latest update (go directly to the BeerSmith Webpage because the updates function might not recognize each minor update) then there is a save icon in the recipe design view. Just click it to copy that profile into your equipment profiles table.

Thanks brewfun for the info.  In this case I already had a copy of my equipment as I was building a new profile for my neighbor when it went MIA.  Easy to get back just by copying it again and renaming it back.

I have been using BS for over 2 years and this is now the 3rd time my profile has gone missing.  Sure wish I knew what is up

Rick

Back