• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Equipment Profile

brewmechanic

New Forum Member
Reaction score
As I hone in on efficiencies and volumes in BS3, I have created equipment profiles that have the same name, (my fault) but they have different defaults. How do I delete a profile or rename a profile. I went into the equipment editor and changed the name, but it does not stick. I see no way of deleting a profile, which would be my preference.
How can I delete an equipment profile?

Any changes you make while on the design page only applies to the recipe you have open.
For changes that stay with the profile, go to "profiles/equipment" That will bring up a list of equipment profiles. From there, to delete a profile click on it to highlight and then click the Delete button. To edit or rename a profile, double click on the profile and change whatever you want.
In order to use a new or edited profile for an existing recipe you need to reselect it using the drop down on the design page.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes,
For archival purposes the program never changes an old recipe, so if you update a profile you do need to reselect it to pull it into an old recipe.

Upvote 0
Thank you. I have never opened the profile tab. I have deleted the unwanted equipment.
Just keep learning, thanks again.

Upvote 0
Back