• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Equipment

A

Alan McKay

I see you track equipment - cool!

Here's one that I'd like to see - I've already suggested it to the author of the brewing software I now use.

I'd like to be able to number all my fermenters and kegs and then track which ones get used for which recipe.  Keeping in mind of course that I brew large batches so there are often several of each for each recipe.

The main reason for this is that the odd time I get an infection I'd like to be able to look back and see which other batches used the same equipment.  Say I got 2 infections within a couple of months - with a feature like this I could potentially narrow it down to a certain piece of equipment which may be carrying a bug.

Not that I get a lot of infections or anything.  But I did get one a couple months ago and a feature like this would have helped.

Alan,
 A good idea for the future...

In the meantime I just patched the new version of BeerSmith that will be released (1.2) so it allows you to display the equipment setting as a column in the recipe view. (a one line coding change) That way you can create different equipment setups for your different configurations with slightly different names.  

The equipment name can be added as a column to the recipe view so you can see which equipment you used for which recipe.

Cheers!
Brad

Back