• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Favorite Music

SleepySamSlim

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Ok - who listens to what kind of music ?  And list the ONE CD you would recommend as a must have

In order of my favorites: Blues - Classic Rock - Folk - Jazz - current Pop/Rock

The one CD I recommend is a Folk / Country by John Prine -  Fair and Square. Great acoustic guitar - not one bad cut on the CD

I listen to anything but Death Metal, and Rap. Which includes Rock, Classic Rock, Metal, Speed Metal, Punk, Rockabilly, Reggae, Blues, Country (Dance close to the ladies)  ;D, Classical, Alternative, and some Top 40/current Pop rock.

Do I have to pick one, that sucks! It depends on the mood, and where I am mentally. That being said, How about I pick a few of my favorites: For Reggae it would have to be Bob Marley's "Legend Remastered"; For Rockabilly, Brian Setzer '68 Comeback Special's "Album: Ignition"; For Rock/Metal how about Clutch "Blast Tyrant" The Profits of Doom simply ROCKS!, For Punk I would have to say Suicidal Tendencies some of there older stuff like "How Will I Laugh Tomorrow When I Can't Even Smile Today", When I,m feeling the blues I like Albert Cummings "True to yourself, For Classic Rock it would have to be Anything RUSH, When I'm in the mood for some slow dancing I like Brad paisley, Im a big fan of Mozart, he was a genius,,,, I'm sure I would come up with more, but like I said I have to be in the mood for something.

Cheers
Preston

Marley, toots and maytalls, black uruhu for reggae. Allman bros, rush, zydeco. I also live to drift back my seattle sounds like alice in chains, etcm

Tons of 80's metal, mainly (not that vh1 hair metal crap either, lol) but all kinds, I love blues, classic rock,...I can't stand rap music

Steve Earle's "Train a comming" -Still one of my fav's right now

Wow, its amazing how tough of a question this really is.  I'd say my favorite kind of music is metal.  To narrow it down I'd say I'm torn between the melodic death metal of Scandinavia (e.g. Amon Amarth, In Flames, Dark Tranquility, SoilWork, Scar Symmetry etc.) and the Metalcore music from Massachusetts (e.g. Killswitch Engage, All that Remains, As I Lay Dying (they're from San Diego but they have that metalcore sound).  Of course there is no denying the classic metal bands and albums like anything Iron Maiden did before "No Prayer for the Dying" and Metalica's first three albums (before they became alternatica) really laid the foundation for what metal has become. 

I like other stuff too, when i'm at work, I like more mellow stuff like ambient music.  Right now I'm listening to Ulrich Schnauss and beautiful voices always provides a nice mellow working enviornment.  Soemtimes I'll be in the mood for things that are even more mellow than that like New Age Music and when it comes to that no one has a voice like Lorenna McKennitt. 

I'll dive into really anything to tell you the truth the two exceptions are Country and Rap (Hip Hop) absolutely not, no way, no how not ever! 

He he... In Flames and Soilwork are swedish bands! In Flames are friends to friend of mine!

I love rock´n´roll myself!
Im a little old.... old in age and old to the game. I have had several bands playing rock music. Basically old time old school rock. Inspiration sourses like Lynyrd Skynyrd, Blackfoot, molly hatchet and georgia satellites.
Now we have a rock band were Im playing tuned down haf-tune bass, distorted as rythm guitar and bass....  Like pumin up the iron bass rythm.... ha ha.... AC/DC are the rock kings forever.... They always been in the background to our music.  Daddy of hard rock´n´roll!

Ok...

Pink Floyd - Meddle; followed closely by DSOTM

Move to the 80's:  Depeche Mode - 101

I give up after that...

It would seem that I'm moving into an age where elevator music doesn't seem so bad anymore  ;D

I'm a folkie mostly. But I like lots of other styles including reggae, jazz,  real country (not the pop crap they play on TNN) and bluegrass.

recommendation:

Cry Cry Cry  (the eponymous album)

Guy Clark, Townes Van Zandt,  & Steve Earle: Together at the Bluebird Café

My favorite styles are rock, country, blues, folk - more or less the "classics" - I've got into old country and folk music recently, also bluegrass, I love this traditional stuff ...

There are so many albums I could recommend, it's hard to choose one but I would go with Bob Dylan - Highway 61 revisited. One of the epic pieces of rock music history.

if anyone is out there try Chris Whitley  "TERRA INCOGNITO" a must have, also John Hiatt's Greatest Hits is another. that is if anyone is out there.

It's good to see some Blues fans in the brew house.

How about Joe Bonamassa?
Just saw him in concert last week.
No warmup band, just a solid 2-1/2 hours of Joe Bonamassa and his band.
The band took a break half way through for about a half hour, but Joe stayed on stage the entire time for an unbelievable acoustic set.
Best show I have seen in years.

If you love the Blues, you need to check him out.

I have been listening to music of the Inca's/Peru/Andes when brewing lately.  It is kind of organic and natural. 

That's a tough one. Rap sucks. Anything from Vivaldi to Led Zepplin to Beattles to Enya to Talking Heads, ZZ Top, General Fuzz, Boston, Jimmy Hendrix, B.B. King, Earl Scruggs, Heart, Deep Purple, Jimmy Buffet, Fleetwood Mac, Pink Floyd, Liquid Tension Experiment, ELO, Journey, Cheap Trick, Queen, Phish, Srevie Wonder, Styx, Grand Funk, Eric Clapton, Elton John....

It's all good, except rap.

tmc32 said:
It's good to see some Blues fans in the brew house.

How about Joe Bonamassa?
Just saw him in concert last week.
No warmup band, just a solid 2-1/2 hours of Joe Bonamassa and his band.
The band took a break half way through for about a half hour, but Joe stayed on stage the entire time for an unbelievable acoustic set.
Best show I have seen in years.

If you love the Blues, you need to check him out.
[/quotE

Thanks tmc32 , got Live at Royal albert Hall , haven't stopped listening

Shane,

If you get a chance, you should try to see him in concert.

Tim

Back