• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Fly Sparge Configuration

aronsanfelice

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I've been using BS for a long time, but I've always had doubts about how to configure Fly Sparge in the app. Maybe for some it's easy, but I find it confusing. I use 100% fly sparge, I run the wash pump together with the wort transfer pump, that is, I don't do Batch Sparge. but as I make this clear in the mash profile configuration, can you help me?

Attachments

• CBAEDBB6-F9D0-4CA6-915B-AE331103A0CA.jpeg
    CBAEDBB6-F9D0-4CA6-915B-AE331103A0CA.jpeg
    88.9 KB · Views: 6
As long as all batch sparge and BIAB boxes are unchecked, the default is fly sparging. BeerSmith calculates that volume from the preboil volume, less the mash strike and absorption volume. The fly sparge volume is found when you open the brewday timer. It's hard to see the math on the mobile version. You can see the calculations on the Volumes tab in the full version.

Upvote 0
Which is why I only use the mobile app in the brew house on brew day basically just to make sure I am following my steps and for the brew day timer. All recipe creation and calculations are made ahead of time on the desktop version. Honestly, had I known the app was not a full featured as the desktop I would not have purchased it. At least it didn't cost much.

Upvote 0
Back