• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Getting Zero Bottle Sediment

rbraunberger

Apprentice
Reaction score
Anyone out there know how to get zero sediment in you bottles but still the needed carbonation?  Can you do your carbonation in a carboy with similar results?

Hi,
  The only way I can think of to do this is to keg the beer first, and then use a counter-pressure-bottle filler to fill the bottles.  As long as you aged the keg a bit first to allow it to clear, this should provide relatively clean bottles of beer.

You can't do this with natural bottle carbonation as far as I know because it will always leave sediment.

Cheers!
Brad

Even kegged beer that is counter-pressured will leave some sediment (from my experiences) over a fairly long storage.

brew on,

jeff

I agree!
  Its very hard to get zero sediment.  Probably the best overall method would be to keg the beer, and then filter it while driving it into a counter pressure bottle filler.  The in-line filtering and counter-pressure filler combo should leave no sediment as long as the beer was properly aged first.

Cheers!
Brad

Back