• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Greetings From Sunny BC, Canada

Flying Forks Brewery

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Relative newbie here! I am a "Brewers Widow!"
Hubby has been brewing for many years and uses Beer Smith for all his recipes.

Decided it was about time I got a few recipes of my own and found my self falling head first into the Abyss known as Home Brewing!

I have brewed a Blueberry NEIPA called "Violets Blueberry Downfall" and have just put on an Irish Red Ale called "The Liquored Leprechaun". I also found a recipe for a Welsh Ale that i named "The Leeky Sheep"

Looking forward to making up new recipes and seeing what ingredients i can use in what and when!!

Exciting stuff! :)

Thanks for joining us! I really like good fruit beers, so I'm sure the blueberry is very nice.

Jump in the conversation and thanks again for checking in!

Yes, it was extremely drinkable! LOL It was very popular.

Colin is filling in his BeerSmith as we speak. He loves the science behind it all. I am like most people that cook. I tend to just "chuck it in". He keeps asking me what numbers i got and i just shrug my shoulders. We are both very different in the way we work with the brewing. Its interesting how we each get our results. Certainly makes clife interesting. :)

I often open my designing beer presentation with a description of how home brewing became so technical - a lot of it has to do with the early 1990's when a lot of modern home brewing techniques were developed. It turns out engineers and scientists, who had access to the early internet were the driver behind it, but the effects linger on to today!

Back