• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Help importing inventory on two computers

S

stack

As the title states I am having trouble importing my inventory to a second computer.  Computer 1 is running Windows 7 and has my up to date inventory and recipes.  Computer 2 is running Windows XP Pro and is the computer that I would like to import my inventory and recipes to.  I thought that it should be as simple as copying the "grains.bsm", "hops.bsm," etc. from the ..../Program Files/Beersmith on computer 1 directly over to the same folder on computer 2.  However when I do that and open up Beersmith on computer 2 all the values in the inventory column are set to zero.  I also tried import merge and import append with no luck.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edit: I am using Beersmith 1.4

Almost certainly you are getting stuck in the fact that Windows 7 sometimes moves things around for security reasons.

Look in the:  C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\BeerSmith
 where {USERNAME} is your login name for Windows 7 - likely the real files are there.

Cheers,
Brad

Brad,

That was exactly my problem.  I'm still getting used to Windows 7.  Thanks

Is there a way to move my inventory files from my old Mac to my new one?  I exported it to CSV but I sure hate to enter all of the inventory manually.

Back