• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Help - Pressure Regulator Mods

Nwengr1

Apprentice
Reaction score
I have 2 issues using regulators .. 1 for beer, 1 using a regulator on a 5lb cartridge for Soda Stream.

I also don't recall bringing up other product names, so I will partially obscure them.

Beer Regulator:
I bought the Ke*$o LH-54S-2 Pro Series two product regulator to replace my old one regulator setup for 2 kegs.  However, instead of a threaded CO2 connector, it just has a 5/16" barb.  I need the threaded regulator.  The only one I have been able to discover, thus far, is a CO2 Inlet Fitting LHT.  Is the fitting in the regulator body LHT and the part that connects to the CO2 keg RHT ?  Also, what kind of torque needs to be applied for seating, or just a snug fit as it is a rounded body on the adapter ?  Second part of question, if the answer is no to the LHT in regulator and RHT connector, where on earth can one source this product ?

So$a St32am :  I bought an adapter to connect the machine up directly to a 5lb CO2 tank.  However, I am worried about pressure ratings. Not knowing what the rating of the small cartridge refills are (factory direct), I wanted to crank the pressure down to 10 PSI or so.  I wanted to use my old regulator (one regulator with 2 outlets) to do this.  What I am struggling to find is the same kind of CO2 connector to replace the two headed outlet with, and then to thread on a FxF adapter.

Any help appreciated.

Nwengr1 said:
two product regulator to replace my old one regulator setup for 2 kegs.  However, instead of a threaded CO2 connector, it just has a 5/16" barb.  I need the threaded regulator. 

Typically, the barbs are threaded to the valve. You should be able to remove the barb. Also, in my experience, these regulators tend to have the same sized opening from the regulator body, so you should be able to interchange parts. They usually only differ as either right or left hand threading, but not port size.

Also, what kind of torque needs to be applied for seating, or just a snug fit as it is a rounded body on the adapter ?  Second part of question, if the answer is no to the LHT in regulator and RHT connector, where on earth can one source this product ?

Some teflon tape and about a quarter turn past "tight" is enough. Regulator parts are found at Foxx Equipment. There's lots to choose from, but here is one link to fittings: https://foxxequipment.com/t/co2-fittings

I couldn't decipher your second regulator well enough to find a reference. It's pretty likely that Foxx will have something for that as they also carry soda dispense parts.

Back