• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hey, is this thing on?

D

Dr. Sideburns

Hi all, I just started out brewing finally after wanting to get started forever. I am from northeastern Connecticut but have yet to brew there. I moved to florida to work for a few months and am on my way back north in a few weeks. I have done only 2 extract brews so far and used beersmith to help me through the last one. It makes staying organized through the process so simple I love it. I am also glad that it is more than just software too, with a built in support network of experts and users. When I return to CT I will start getting into all grain so I am sure I will be posting much more. It may seem a little premature to say but someday I would like to turn this into a carreer and have my own brewpub. Gonna be a while. So here I am starting at the bottom... I have a really supportive fiance who has encouraged me to get started and reads all my beer mags before she passes them on to me, so I already have that going for me. Anyway, there is my long winded intro. Looking forward to being a part of the beersmith community. ;D

Cheers!

Welcome!
  We are happy to have you on board, and thanks for the kind comments.

Brad

Nice to have you here.

We get free beer at your new pub when it opens right?

Cheers!

Preston

I am sure there will be a few cool ways to get free beer at my pub. Yeah maybe have a vip card and then have the vip+ membership for homebrewers/beersmith users.... yes free beer somehow might lend itself to good pub reviews too eh? lol ! You could always print this out later and bring it to the pub when/if it ever opens - I am sure I would hook you up with some of that free beer. 8)

-Joe

Prank caller! prank caller!

I should have known better than not to include a disclaimer...

the free beer is the beer left in pints by since gone patrons, collected into the serving tank on the end spruced up with some beer gas and poured at perfect luke-warm temp into a pint with no umbrella... cause we're a classy establishment.

just kidding

-Joe

darn,

I think I missed the Free Beer

well  welcome anyway.

Fred

Dr. Sideburns said:
Prank caller! prank caller!

I should have known better than not to include a disclaimer...

the free beer is the beer left in pints by since gone patrons, collected into the serving tank on the end spruced up with some beer gas and poured at perfect luke-warm temp into a pint with no umbrella... cause we're a classy establishment.

just kidding

-Joe

Here in Canada we call that the Biker or Skinhead special. Although sometimes we change around the beer left by patrons to beer sopped up in rags when it gets spilled and then rung out into a glass

Back