• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hi From Baton Rouge, Louisiana

J

jerryodom

I'm Jerry Odom and I'm a software developer with a brewing problem.    I've been brewing/learning off and on for about a year.    Just taking the next step using software and continuing to expand my knowledge.

jerryodom said:
I'm Jerry Odom and I'm a software developer with a brewing problem.    I've been brewing/learning off and on for about a year.     Just taking the next step using software and continuing to expand my knowledge.

I'm a retired guy and have a brewing problem....

Welcome aboard and add your knowledge to the hobby.

I'm a Father with a young child who is a brewer with a home remodeling problem. (as in not enough brewing time)

I didn't try every software.  Beertools had a slightly slicker dashboard, but after some reading beersmith is supposed to give you the most depth and customization while stile being intuitive.  So far I really like it.

While I might read a recipee or two or even try one for a new type of beer, I prefer to devise my own.

LOL
Can't live without Programmers/Developer and one with a brewing problem, that's even better!
Welcome to the forum.
Cheers
Preston

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.  Sorry I missed the replies in good time but I was busy learning how to use this extremely cool software.    I did my homework on some of the other forums out there and Beersmith gets most of the votes as choice. 

So where's the API?    ;D

Ok so I have to ask What is a Crunkasaurus? I Googled it but still not sure...

Cheers
Preston

UselessBrewing said:
Ok so I have to ask What is a Crunkasaurus? I Googled it but still not sure...

Cheers
Preston

Crunkasaurus is a made up word.  A bit of a joke between my wife and I over my occasional over enjoyment of beer during an LSU football game.

Crunk = crazy + drunk
asaurus =  stolen from the T-Rex

HMMMMM TX vs LSU
I see rivalry! Just kidding, I went to NM state...
Ya I know! That's enough of that!

Thanks for the explanation.

Cheers
Preston

Back