• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

How do I get back my recipes?

Still happening.  Again, I closed beersmith on my remote machine.  When I went back to that computer an hour or too later (it had been in standby mode) I got an error.  Now, on my "server" machine, recipes are partially missing. 

wahoo said:
7:22:07 AM: failed to flush the file '\\D9200\BeerSmith2\JS-Data/T-6399Recipe.bsmx' (error 64: the specified network name is no longer available.)

I run Beersmith.exe from \\D9200\BeerSmith2\BeerSmith2.exe
my data directory is \\D9200\BeerSmith2\JS-Data

Hey, have you tried mapping a network drive to the shared location?  I know that a lot of times there can be problems using a UNC for things like this, especially when you are not running a full MS domain and relying on WINS for this translation.  Also, I would recommend mapping your network drive to the IP address, just to take the translation out of the equation.

I did map a network drive and in one non-scientific test, the problem did not occur.  Fingers are crossed.

Back