• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

How often do you brew?

How often do you brew?

• 1-2 times per year

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • 3-5 times per year

Votes: 14 5.1%
  • 6-9 times per year

Votes: 54 19.6%
  • Around once per month

Votes: 94 34.1%
  • 2-3 times per month

Votes: 86 31.2%
  • Weekly

Votes: 21 7.6%
  • More!

Votes: 4 1.4%

• Total voters
Turned into a "Binge Brewer" (sort of like my college drinking days) Just got done doing 5 batches. The bad part of that is that if yu get an infection...Well it can be bad.
Only lost one out of the 5 though a schwarzbier. The upside is I saved a Ginger Ale, Golden Ale, Octoberfest Marzen, porter, and brown coffee ale. Should be a good winter  ;D
Last session was mid summer.

Still a fairly new brewer so I've been averaging about once a month. I am thinking about doing small 1 gallon or so batches in between so that i can brew more often and have something to experiment with.

Aaron

I tend to brew about once per month. I can only drink about 5 gal in a month and thats with help.  I've become quite popular in the neighborhood and at work now that I've gotten a twin tap kegerator.  I need a spare fridge if Im going to brew more frequently. That's next as long as Moma stays happy.

I have 4 over 21 sons and we get together at least once a week to brew, and sometimes mom comes out and joins in.  Occasionally the Mrs. and I will do a batch on our own during the week.  We just started in November, but are learning a lot and enjoying a hobby together.  We have 4 beers tapped, and have 5 - 8 total in kegs all the time.

The boys all live within 3 miles of us, so it is easy for them to stop by and pick up a growler as wanted, so it goes pretty fast.

Without Beersmith and my Top Tier system, I know it would be a lot more difficult than it has been.

From September threw May I try to brew one batch a week, once May hits and the Stripers and Blues start running it is all about surf fishing for me  :p

Once or twice a week, though I think I will be cutting back on frequency now that I've upgraded my equipment to 10-gallon batches.

I'd like to do once a month, but really get in 6-9. I'll be stoked if I can get 12 in this year.. but would like to have the time for more!

I've been averaging about once per month due to space constraints.

I usually brew once a week or so.  I can store 8 cases of 12 oz. bottles either ready to drink or conditioning.  Then demand and the draw-down of my stock tells me when to brew another batch. 

There are some varied tastes in my beer drinking family & friends so I tend to alternate between dark, full bodied beer one session, then a lighter, more hoppy beer during for the next batch.

i brewed 2 times in 4 days, then once a week.....until i ran out of bottles.
now i don't brew until i am close to enough bottles (or am about to go buy 2 more cases of bottles).
i now seem to keep 6 batches bottled at all times, a soon as i have enough bottles, i go back to 7 (because of all the partials).

2 or three times a month hoping  to do more don't want to run out of beer you know?

I just got into the hobby last winter, but I am on track to get in  6 - 9 brews this year with a break for the summer due to the heat.

I pulled out the brew calendar for 2012.  25 - 5 gallon batches in 12 months.

8 months of brewing and I've done 12 5-gallon batches. Vacation this week, so I'm doing 3 this week alone.

Mouse

MSbrewer said:
I just got into the hobby last winter, but I am on track to get in  6 - 9 brews this year with a break for the summer due to the heat.

try the t-shirt/towel method and you may be able to keep brewing in summer.

i got some huge thick styrofoam cooler from work and am going to use them to keep the temp down when i brew. starting today because temps this week are all up into the 80s so the house is heating up now :(

KipDM said:
i got some huge thick styrofoam cooler from work and am going to use them to keep the temp down when i brew. starting today because temps this week are all up into the 80s so the house is heating up now :(

Or you can do what I do and that is brew Belgian style beers in the warmer months, since the little critters like it a little warmer.

Mouse

I wish one of the options to answer the question was, "when ever I can".  At one point I brewed 5 batches in 3 weeks.

Back