• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

How often do you brew?

How often do you brew?

• 1-2 times per year

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • 3-5 times per year

Votes: 14 5.1%
  • 6-9 times per year

Votes: 54 19.6%
  • Around once per month

Votes: 94 34.1%
  • 2-3 times per month

Votes: 86 31.2%
  • Weekly

Votes: 21 7.6%
  • More!

Votes: 4 1.4%

• Total voters

BeerSmith

Staff member
Administrator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
I've been stocking up lately and brewed 3 times in the last two weeks.  However, I would say overall I brew perhaps once a month except for the summer.

So how much are you brewing?

Cheers!
Brad

2-3 times a month for me Brad, it's not uncommon for me to have up to 120 lt in fermenters or kegs at any one time.

Cheers
Andrew

Once a month for me.

I did a double brew day last Sat.

I am ready to go again.

Don

10-15 times a year.
  One or two will be meads and one or two will be a cider or something different like a wheat braggot.

Just getting back into it but have done two batches in 3 weeks.  My brother-in-law wants to start brewing, so we're going to do a co-op batch this weekend, making 3 times in a month.  BUT, I suspect as my work schedule pick up heavily in the 4th quarter that I'll probably only be able to average 6 to 9 batches a year.

Well, being that I just started brewing, very little.  I would like to get on a schedule of about once a month, though...

I can drink almost 5g a month, with the gift or comp here and there.
I try to brew two or three batches per year over and above that, for strong stuff to lay down, or party beers that will get slugged by the masses. If you think about it, there's only about 40 pints in a 5g batch, which means in about 9 1/4 batches per year. Want a second pint? Want to share? Better brew more!
And if the well ever goes dry, that's when I really try to ramp it up for a couple months, so that I'm not constantly drinking young beer. My goal is to drink the average-weight brews at least 6wk out, preferably two months before tapping. Milds, some wheat beers, etc., are the exception.

The wife and I brew about once a month sometimes twice to three times as it gets closer to summer so that we have a good stock for all of the summer Barbeques. I still bottle so I always have to be careful to have enough bottles around for the next batch - I think I will switch to kegging soon, but have to get ahold of all the equipment.

This was a good question Brad

Drink up

TimB

On average, somewhere between 1 - 2 times a month depending on beer stock on hand. I also have a few parties I brew for so that involves making about 5 brews of different beers.

Dr Malt :D

I am brewing my Naked Saison tonight and getting up early on Sat. to make Dirty Paws Porter ;D

I fell a little behind and several empty cases of bottles :mad:

Don

I go in batches (pun intended).  I'll brew every two weeks where I'll be cycling thru my equipment: when the batch moves from primary to secondary, I start a new one in the primary.  I've gotten to where I've had about 10 different beers on hand for sampling.  Now I've only got 4 on hand with one in the secondary. 

Averaged out over the year, it's probably one a month.

Usially 6-7 times per year because in summer is not possible(35-40 C0)

I just got into brewing AG beer, and since September 16, 2006, I've brewed 8 five-gallon batches - the last two yesterday, 12/23.  So if I keep this pace up, it will average out to 32 batches a year !  Have to wait and see if this pace is sustainable .....

Well, that's a LOT of beer!  Where are you located because you will definately need help consuming it?

I appreciate your generous offer Beer_Tigger, but between my 3 adult children, their spouses, my brew-buddies at work, and myself (my wife is NOT a beer drinker), we do a pretty good job consuming all that is made.  If that changes however, I will PM you with details on how to get to my house !

- GL63

I do my boil outdoors.  Carrying 50lbs or so of steel and boiling sugar water over snow and ice is quite unwise, so I don't brew from November to March.

I began brewing 13 months ago with extracts.  Within three months I moved to all grain.  I brew all year long outdoors averaging two five gal batches each month. 

Living in west central Wisconsin has allowed for some cold brew days but they are the ones I remember the most.

I'm making the move from mini or partial mash to all grain in the next couple months.  Brewing outdoors is going to suck for a few months, but Once I get up to 10 gallon batches it is gonna be so worth it.

I'm not sure if I'll do it in the garage or out on the deck (water supply)

Well we just got started - doing batch #3 this week ---- but I also bought a second racking carboy so we can have parallel batches going soon

Back