• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

How to add chocolate?

HopHead73

Apprentice
Reaction score
I am brewing a Founder's Breakfast Stout Clone and the recipe calls for dark bittersweet baker's chocolate, unsweetened chocolate nibs, and coffee.
I'm trying to enter the recipe into Beersmith, but I can't find any option for chocolate or coffee. I even looked in the add-ons.
Is even possible to add them to the recipe in the software?

I added mine as flavorings under misc. Open Misc Ingredients, click the Add New button, and enter your needed info.

yeah you will find that not all ingredients are accounted for, and it is pretty much impossible for someone to create a software and be able to include every ingredient, especially with time going on more crazy ingredients are being used to brew. just make sure you look up specs on everything to be as accurate as possible when adding your own ingredients..

Am I blind, because I do not see the "Add New" button.  Was this option removed on VR 2?

Attachments

• beer smith.jpg
    beer smith.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 820
in beersmith2, you open up the program and click on "insert" up top..there you can add whatever you want..i'd most likely put chocolate or coffee as "add misc"..

HolyFirkins said:
in beersmith2, you open up the program and click on "insert" up top..there you can add whatever you want..i'd most likely put chocolate or coffee as "add misc"..

Cool I see it now and feel pretty dim witted about that.  Thanks again!!

Back