• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

How to Configure?

mbrierley

Apprentice
Reaction score
I'm running a 20G recirculating system.  I don't see any options for recirculating hardware in the hardware config. (E-Herms)

Hi mbrierley,

I'm not familiar with that equipment, but if you've used it a bit you could try the to add your own, as you generally need to tweak any equipment profile in Beersmith to suit anyway.
Try add equipment, then click on "Equipment Wizard", and put in everything you know about your equipment. Then copy a recipe you have done that you know the results on, and see if it's close.

Hope that helps?

Cheers, Kevin.

mbrierley said:
I'm running a 20G recirculating system.  I don't see any options for recirculating hardware in the hardware config. (E-Herms)

HERMS and RIMS are both mash profiles. After the initial infusion, each additional step is just a temperature step. The "rise time" is how long your system takes to get to the next step and the step time is hop long you want the rest to last.

As an equipment profile, HERMS or RIMS are no different than any other. Find the equipment profile that matches yours, then customize it for efficiency, volumes and losses.

Hello, friends! helped)
I hope that I write in the right topic.
I'm from Russia and do not speak English.
I am 52 years old. but I'm a beginner brewer! )
Independently assembled the unit: Buck 50l, mash tank for 7 kg of malt. As a home brewery in Bavaria.
What equipment should I choose in the Beersmithn program? I still use the free version.
I translate with the help of googles.
Thanks in advance.

I would like to ask a question that i have about the volume of water calculated by the program. I make beer in three posts. The batch volume is 80l, pre boiling 106l. I used fly sparge and recirculation. When I put it in the  program it calculates a volume that would overflow in the saucepan. Then I have to do the water calculations manually. Would you like to do the program? I would like to keep the volume of beer I have been producing. The ideal would be to have a volume of 89l in the saucepan already with the volume of 24 kg of grains included. Then go recirculating and fly sparge. If I increase this volume, I run the risk of overflowing. Thank you very much in advance.

Back