• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

How to Print or Share Recipe and Brew Steps?

CascadesBrewer

Apprentice
Reaction score
I just purchased the mobile version of BeerSmith 3.  What options are there for printing out my recipe and brew day specifics? (stuff like strike temps, water volumes, mash temps, pre boil OG, etc.)  I like to print out the recipe for brew day as I just find that easier than messing with electronics while wet and sticky.

In the past I used BrewPal on my iPod and I would email the recipe to myself and print out my email from my computer (my iPod died).  I played around with Calculate Beer on my Android phone and that app gives the ability to save to a PDF (which I can print from my phone) or share a graphic (which I could print from my computer).

I created a BrewSmith Recipe Cloud account, which I thought was the answer, but that only shows the very basics of the recipe and does not even seem to have a print feature.

I guess by the lack of a response, this is not a feature of BS3 Mobile.  It would be a nice feature to add.  I did my first brew day with BS3 Mobile, and...yeah...I would rather take notes on a print out than mess with electronics on brew day.

The calculated strike temp was off a little and I ended up with 1/2 gal more boil volume than calculated, so I will have to try and dial in those numbers.

It took me a while to realize that editing your equipment and mash profiles don't seem to update the recipe directly, and you have to either edit the profile associated with the recipe or reselect the profile (at least that is how it seems to work).

Does BS3 Mobile not have the water chemistry features of the desktop version?  I see where you can pick a profile and enter additions, but not much else.

Printing is not available from the mobile device but you can print any cloud based recipe from your mobile device by logging into https://beersmithrecipes.com and opening the web version there - where you can print both brew steps or the recipe.

Back