• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Howdy

S

Seanibus

I've had Beersmith quite some time, but I am just checking in on the forum. I've been brewing for about a year and half and moved up to all Grain over the summer. I look forward to chatting.

Seanibus said:
I've had Beersmith quite some time, but I am just checking in on the forum. I've been brewing for about a year and half and moved up to all Grain over the summer. I look forward to chatting.

Welcome aboard Seanibus....What is your favortie style of beer to brew?

I like to experiment broadly, but I keep coming back to a trusty pale-ale type beer. Of the 30 or so batches I have done, about a third are a pale ale, IPA, or DIPA. I've tinkered with some stouts and porters, played with Kolsch and cream ale a bit. I have a Belgian Strong Ale in the tanks right now. I don't like to get excessively wild with the ingredients, though I have done both an oyster stout (excellent) and an oyster ale (Ok or a bit better) and just tried a cranberry ale (vile).

Seanibus said:
I like to experiment broadly, but I keep coming back to a trusty pale-ale type beer. Of the 30 or so batches I have done, about a third are a pale ale, IPA, or DIPA. I've tinkered with some stouts and porters, played with Kolsch and cream ale a bit. I have a Belgian Strong Ale in the tanks right now. I don't like to get excessively wild with the ingredients, though I have done both an oyster stout (excellent) and an oyster ale (Ok or a bit better) and just tried a cranberry ale (vile).

I brewed my first IPA a couple of months back and will do it again.  Have you tried the, "Hop Shot" from Northern Brewery?  It is an inexpensive way to get the IBU's into the pot.  Cost is about $3.00 for 50 IBU's.  I had very good taste with that beer.

Back