• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Importing bsmx file to web

rudylyon57

Apprentice
Reaction score
Is there a way to load (import) a recipe to a web cloud account directly-from a desktop bsmx file for example?

At the moment you can only do this from the desktop version - I'm working to add it to the online version as well.
  - On the desktop version go to File->Open and open the BSMX file
  - Select the recipes you want from the open file and copy/paste them into your cloud view
  - Since they are now in your cloud folder you can open them from the web version

Brad

I was adding my custom equipment profiles from BeerSmith to BeerSmith web and could not see how to simply import the .bsmx files from the desktop version. Ended up saving the recipes that used the profiles to my cloud account, opening them in beersmith web, saving the equipment profile and then deleting the recipe from the cloud. A long way around.

How is the .bsmx file functionality coming for BeerSmith Web?

I've not finished it but I will bump it up on my list. Importing one recipe is not hard but importing folders and subfolders a bit complex as the storage is vastly different.

Back