• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

In search of great recipes...

F

Forbinsbrew

I’m an editor for a small publishing company in Boston, as well as an avid brewer and beer lover.  I’m currently putting a book of Homebrew Recipes together and am searching for the best of the best.  If you have a great recipe and would like to submit it for consideration, it would be greatly appreciated.  Because of the small size of our company we’re currently not buying any copyrights.  However, if your recipe is chosen, you will receive a cash royalty for each book sold for the life of distribution, along with the recognition of a name published beer (if you don’t want your name to be used we will publish your recipe under anonymous or a pen name). You will also receive a free copy of the book.  The inspiration for this book is based on “The Real Book” – a collection of sheet music of the greatest jazz standards of all time.  This book is considered a music bible to any jazz lover.  We would like to share that same experience with home-brewers…that is why we are searching for only the best recipes.  If you would like to submit your recipe for consideration please email it to Literatim_Publishing@yahoo.com. Submit as many recipes as you would like.  If we choose more than one you will get a higher percentage of royalties for each book sold. Please include your name, email address, and all pertinent information about your beer (i.e. name, ingredients & directions).  If your recipe is chosen we will contact you with more information.  Feel free to contact me with any questions.  

Thanks,
Jason Stevens

After traveling for months to homebrew and beer tasting events, we found that we were not going to be able to amass the amount of recipes that we intended for this book.  A kind brewer suggested checking out some homebrew forums on the internet and here we are.  If you have any recipes that you’d like to share with the brewing community, your help would be greatly appreciated.  We’re planning on having between 500-800 categorized recipes in the book.  We’re also tentatively planning a CD-ROM to be released with the book that will allow for multiple category searches (and even a search for your favorite brewer).  But, we need your help in order to make this book a reality.  If you have some recipes you’d like to share please email them to literatim_publishing@yahoo.com.  We’re currently looking at March 18th as the deadline.  Thanks again for everyone’s help, we hope the book will be a success.

Thanks,
Jason Stevens

I’d like to thank everybody that has been sending in recipes, but we’re still looking for more.  We’ve gotten some really good, as well as interesting ones…it’ll be fun brewing some of them up.  But, in order to get this book together with a wide range of styles, we really need some more beer recipes from all of you.  We’ve been getting a lot of great feedback on the book and we feel it’s going to be a great success.  We’re going to be putting a short on-line commercial together to try to start a buzz for the book.  I’ll be posting it here shortly.  Thanks again, and feel free to ask any questions.

Jason

We'll be accepting recipes for 2 more days (until March 18th), then we'll begin to make our decisions.  Thanks for everybody's help.

Jason

Do you have a preferred format to receive the recipes? In other words, can I send you a BeerSmith file, or do you just want plaintext?

Thanks!

Back