• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Incorporate Hop Age Into Inventory and Sugar Addition Times

O

ozpowell

If it were possible to associate a date with each batch of hops in the inventory, Beersmith could then automatically determine an adjusted AA when adding hops from the inventory into a recipe.  Currently the only way (I've found  :) ) to do it is manually via the "Hops Age" tool.  In addition to the date information, the hop inventory would probably also allow the user to specify hop storage temperature and conditions (vacuum packed etc) somewhere.

Also, I haven't successfully found a way to specify when a sugar addition (eg. Belgian Candi Syrup) should be added to the boil.  Sugars are stored under "Grains & Extracts" and don't provide a facility to specify this information.  A work-around is to create a new entry for the sugar under "Miscellaneous" and specify the time to add to the boil there.  Otherwise, adding a sugar from "Grains & Extracts" generates a brew sheet with the sugar additions always at the start of the boil.

ozpowell said:
Also, I haven't successfully found a way to specify when a sugar addition (eg. Belgian Candi Syrup) should be added to the boil.  Sugars are stored under "Grains & Extracts" and don't provide a facility to specify this information.  A work-around is to create a new entry for the sugar under "Miscellaneous" and specify the time to add to the boil there.  Otherwise, adding a sugar from "Grains & Extracts" generates a brew sheet with the sugar additions always at the start of the boil.

I would also love to see this feature modified..

Back