• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Incorrect date format for rest of the world

WarmBeer

Apprentice
Reaction score
All date formats are showing up as MM/DD/YY.

The majority of computer users in the world use the more logical DD/MM/YY date format.

Please investigate to see if BS can use the same culture-sensitive formatting rules exposed by the underlying operating system.

[Beersmith 2.2.08 running on Ubuntu 12.04]

This has only happened to my BS v2 since I installed the latest update v2.2.

There is a few users on AHB Aussie Home Brewer with this problem.

I hope there is a fix for this :(

This seems to only affect printed reports. It shows the brewing date in the dd/mm/yy format on my recipe design but switched to the mm/dd/yy format when printing out brew sheets

Anigel said:
This seems to only affect printed reports. It shows the brewing date in the dd/mm/yy format on my recipe design but switched to the mm/dd/yy format when printing out brew sheets
Windows xpsp3
Mine shows correct in the design window but in brew log and recipe lists it is mm/dd/yy and it does display incorrectly when printing as well.
The yeast window shows the date in world format.... Very confusing??

Bump this.......anyone got a fix for this???

I'm working on it - was trying to handle some higher priority issues first, but I'll try to fit this into build 11.  My plan is to make the date format an option - so you can set it.

I may have limited options in the date editor - it appears that the edit control for dates has no formatting options.  However the reports and display lists I should be able to adjust the formats to an option in the program.

Brad

Thank you, we will keep watch for the update😃

Posted a "potential" fix candidate here. You can alter the default displayed date format from the Options->Units tab (very bottom of the dialog).  Unfortunately I can't alter the date format when editing yet.

Let me know how it goes as I may publish it with some other changes later this week.

[ Grab the latest build from the download page ]

Brad

Date formats appear to be all fixed as of the 2.2.12 build.

Well done to Brad and the team for listening to, and actioning, feedback.

WarmBeer said:
Date formats appear to be all fixed as of the 2.2.12 build.

Well done to Brad and the team for listening to, and actioning, feedback.

I am running version 2.2.12 and the dates do not show up correct in the brewsheet when you preview recipe.

I am running version 2.2.12 and the dates do not show up correct in the brewsheet when you preview recipe.

I must be missing it - on mine it appears that the date is correct (selected format) for the Brew Steps and older brew sheet.  Where are you seeing the wrong date/format?

I have run through all the tabs and reports (and a bunch of custom reports) and the date format is correct for each option. The only issue I see is that the date format option does not affect date shown on the design page.  No matter the format selected (Tools>Options>Units) the design page is always of the mm/dd/yy format. That will certainly cause confusion for anyone who has selected the dd/mm/yy format.

So what may be happening in the previous posts is that the date format option is actually set for the dd/mm/yy format but they are not aware of it since it is showing mm/dd/yy in the design tab.

It may also be less confusing if you include the d/m/y type description along with, or in place of, the Dec 02 2015 date example in the option list.  Such as…

02 Dec 15 (dd/mmm/yy)
12/02/15 (mm/dd/yy)
02/12/15 (dd/mm/yy)
2015-02-12 (yyyy-dd-mm)

I’m on build 2.2.12 running XP(32)sp3.  I love the program and I’m just trying to help you improve it.

Cheers!

Back