• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Infusion temp setting

leveller

New Forum Member
Reaction score
For those of us using a tankless water heater (or commercial HLT) It would be helpful if the software allowed the infusion temperature to be set in the mash calculator tool.

The mash tool seems fairly buggy and inconsistent anyway (for example non-profile new infusions call for negative water and take a lot of fiddling to get to usable numbers), but it would be helpful for me on a small commercial system without a flow meter to get an initial baseline estimate for dough in times at my set temps. Blending cold into strike water to hit a target temp works, but doesn't allow me to track volume easily using the known flow rate at temp settings.

I intend to brew several batches at once, so I'll create recipes in BeerSmith and then add ingredients to the shopping cart (which will initially be empty). After exporting the cart as a.csv file, I may view the contents in Excel or another spreadsheet programme of my choosing. Next, I compare my current supply to the predicted demand to determine if there is a shortage of any item. geometry dash lite

For those of us using a tankless water heater (or commercial HLT) It would be helpful if the software allowed the infusion temperature to be set in the mash calculator tool. The mash tool seems fairly buggy and inconsistent anyway (for example non-profile new infusions call for negative water and take a lot of fiddling to get to usable numbers), but it would be helpful for me on a small commercial system without a flow meter to get an initial baseline estimate for dough in times at my set temps. Blending cold into strike water to hit a target temp works, but doesn't allow me to track volume easily using the known flow rate at temp settings.

Everything in your mash profile is customizable. I recommend to everyone that you create your own profiles based on your system.

Everything in your mash profile is customizable. I recommend to everyone that you create your own profiles based on your system.
It's not exactly, though. To use a consistent incoming HLT temp for strike you have to reverse engineer by changing other fields until your strike temp matches your target. I would love to see the strike temp as a user defined variable instead of it being solely fixed based on other values.

It's a bit less of a worry now as I've switched most multi-step mashes to running decoction instead of relying on infusions.

Back